Sunday, May 6, 2012

A little progress...very little!

Ok, I did finally make a mock up bodice from cotton to try out my pattern measurements.  I think I may have it ok to begin an outfit. 
Front with one sleeve pinned on.

Back showing detail of where sleeve will be tied.

Since I decided to cut up the green tunic as a sacrifice, I needed to find some fabric to work with it.
Not intentionally, I found an interesting cotton pillow sham at Good Will a few weeks back.  I needed something for a bodice and sleeves or part of the sleeves.  Today, I cut out the bodice and have enough left to do a upper sleeve piece to attach to the green sleeve parts.  This will be fun!

I left the funky scallop on the bottom but will cut it off when I attach the skirt.
This is the front piece and will be cut down the front and laced up.

Close up of the texture...I will do some embellishment on this I suspect?

I drew up an idea of where I am going with this last night so I am anxious to see how it will look all together...?

3 comments:

  1. I also found some other bits and pieces of interesting fabrics at Good Will that will be used along the way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will need to be lined so not sure what I will use...been thinking of muslin but might need something firmer to hold with this thicker fabric...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, this will be good practice for making eyelets...

    ReplyDelete